Petrol Lawn Mower with Roller Reviews
- 1 Petrol Lawn Mower with Roller Reviews
- 1.1 Webb WERR17P Supreme Rear-Roller Lawnmower
- 1.2 Hyundai HYM530SPER Self Propelled Lawn Mower
- 1.3 Cobra RM40SPC Roller Mower
- 1.4 Mountfield SP425R Rear Roller Lawn Mower
- 1.5 Hyundai P5100SPE
- 1.6 Best in Show: Webb WERR17P Supreme Rear-Roller Lawnmower
A petrol lawn mower with a rear roller is truly the Cadillac of all lawn mowers. These mowers couple the power of a petrol engine with the aesthetics of including a rear roller. If you really want to have the best of the best when it comes to lawn and garden care, then the purchase of one of these mowers will serve you for years and years to come. You will be the envy of your neighborhood once you purchase a petrol lawnmower with a roller.
Webb WERR17P Supreme Rear-Roller Lawnmower
Webb is definitely a leader in the power tool and garden DIY tool space in the UK and beyond. Their petrol mowers are impeccably built and incredibly affordable.
- 500 ESERIES Briggs and Stratton motor
- Recoil start
- Self propelled
- Three and one cutting system (cut and collect, cut and mulch, cut and rear discharge)
- 43 cm cutting diameter
- Adjustable cutting height (six settings from 23 mm to 77 mm)
- 55 litre grass bag
The Webb WERR17P Supreme is a smart looking petrol mower with a powerful Briggs and Stratton motor to back it up.
The body of this mower is lightweight and extremely manoeuvrable. It can handle tussocky grass and sloping lawns as well. No matter what the shape or slope your lawn is, the Webb WERR17P can definitely handle it.
The most notable feature of the Webb WERR17P Supreme is its three in one cutting feature. It has the ability to cut and collect in a grass bag, cut and mulch, and cut and discharge clippings from the back of the mower.
This mower comes complete with folding handles which making mowing comfortable for the user; storing the machine away is a breeze. Simply push it under a low work bench or away in a garden shed. Out of sight, out of mind!
- The Webb WERR17P Supreme is extremely lightweight and easy to push.
- Assembly of this mower is incredibly easy and can be done in minutes upon receiving your package.
- This mower is a bit on the expensive side.
Overall, the Webb WERR17P Supreme is one of the best petrol lawn mowers with a roller on the market today. It is easy to use, cuts impeccably, and affordable too.
Hyundai HYM530SPER Self Propelled Lawn Mower
Although Hyundai is probably best known the world over for its fuel efficient cars and trucks, this reliable company also makes power tools and lawn mowers.
- Four stroke 173 cc petrol engine
- Full width rear roller
- Rear discharge and cut and collect
- Low emission and low maintenance engine
- Three year warranty
- Adjustable cutting height (five options from 25 mm to 75 mm)
- 70 litre grass box
The Hyundai HYM530SPER is a self propelled petrol lawnmower that utilises rear wheel drive and a powerful PHV four stroke 173 cc Hyundai engine to deliver the perfect striped lawn every time. This particular model features a large 38 cm cutting deck, so it is therefore suitable for larger lawns and gardens.
The Hyundai HYM530SPER offers a two in one precise cutting feature. The operator can either cut grass and collect clippings in the 70 litre grass box or discharge garden debris out of the back of the mower. The rear discharge option blows grass clippings out of the back of the mower and back on your lawn where they can be left to decompose and therefore return vital nutrients to the ground.
This Hyundai lawn mower has one single lever that allows the user to easily adjust the cutting height to five settings from 25 mm to 75 mm. This mower is also self propelled from the rear roller and is controlled from the mounted handle control lever. This makes manoeuvring around trees and shrubs on your lawn incredibly easy.
Purchase of the Hyundai HYM530SPER petrol lawn mower also comes with a large grass collection bag to pick up garden debris for a well kept lawn. It has a capacity of 70 litres which is large enough to ensure that you will not have to stop halfway through mowing your lawn to empty it.
Most petrol lawn mowers do not have a rear roller, but this Hyundai model does. The rear roller covers the full width of the 38 cm deck that lays down traditional stripes on your freshly mowed lawn. This rear roller is unique in that it is split down the middle to make certain that it does not take away from any of the mower’s inherent manoeuverability.
- The large ribbed rear roller on the Hyundai HYM530SPER ensures superb manoeuvrability around your garden despite leaving neat stripes on your grass.
- The 70 litre collection box is huge; this is one of the largest capacities on the market today.
- Purchase of this lawn mower comes with a three year manufacturer’s warranty.
- There is no mulching option on this lawn mower.
- The Hyundai HYM530SPER is pretty expensive compared to other petrol powered lawn mowers.
Overall, the Hyundai HYM530SPER is truly one of the most modern and reliable push petrol lawnmowers available in the UK today.
Cobra RM40SPC Roller Mower
Cobra creates powerful and affordable lawn mowers that will last you and your household for years and years. The Cobra RM40SPC is no exception.
- Cobra four stroke 135 cc engine
- Recoil starting ignition
- 40 cm cutting width
- Central cutting heights adjustment (six settings from 17 mm to 75 mm)
- 55 litre grass collection bag
- Two year manufacturer warranty
This particular model is powered with a Cobra DG450 engine that is complete with recoil start. This engine self propels the mower for easy operation for the user. The engine is powerful, but still runs more quietly than other similar engines on rear roller mowers.
The cutting width is 40 cm which is suited to medium to large sized lawns. The cutting height is also adjustable from a lever located near the back of the mower by the rear roller. The blades can be adjusted to six different cutting heights ranging from 17 mm to 75 mm.
The rear roller included on this lawn mower helps the user produce a classic striped finish. This model also gives the user the ability to mow right up to the edges of flower beds and pavements.
Purchase of the Cobra RM40SPC comes with a detachable 55 litre grass bag that is made of a robust fabric to enable free airflow during mowing. This results in mess-free clipping collection while you mow.
- The Cobra RM40SPC is extremely affordable when it comes to petrol mowers with rollers, and the build quality does not suffer as a result.
- This petrol lawn mower is extremely easy to assemble straight from the box.
- Some customers have noted that this model does not cut very well along lawn edges.
- The instruction booklet that comes in the box with this mower is a little hard to read and the graphics are not very helpful.
The Cobra RM40SPC mower is extremely easy to use and is incredibly affordable for a self propelled, petrol lawn mower with a rear roller.
Mountfield SP425R Rear Roller Lawn Mower
Mountfield has been a leader in the lawn mower industry for years, and with good reason. Their products are expertly made and available at an affordable price point.
- Full width roller with anti-scalping plate
- Honda four stroke 145 cc engine
- 41 cm cutting width
- Five year manufacturer’s warranty
The Mountfield SP425R mower is fitted with a four stroke Honda engine that provides tons of power. You will have no problem mowing uphill or on bumpy terrain.
The Mountfield SP425R is a self propelled rear roller mower that makes cutting grass a breeze. It offers superb value or money and is built to last. The steel chassis is hear wearing and protects the engine from wearing down over time. The roller on the back of the mower produces a nice striped lawn while also balancing it out for a comfortable experience.
The 41 cm cutting width enables the user to slickly mow around trees, stones, flower beds, and pavement edges. The cutting heights can also be adjusted to five preset settings between 20 mm and 70 mm.
The grass bag that comes with the purchase of this mower has a capacity of 55 litres, which ensures that you will not have to empty it halfway through mowing your lawn. It is made from canvas and is therefore lightweight and easy to empty and reattach.
Ergonomic, folding handles make this mower a pleasure to use and extremely easy to store away.
- The folding handles on this particular mower are a great feature that make it very easy to store away. You can cut the grass and then put your mower away in the shed in minutes.
- Assembly of the Mountfield SP425R from the box is extremely easy.
- The plastic guards for the roller stick out further than the cutting body, so the user must keep a distance from raised curbs to avoid damaging the guards.
In the end, the Mountfield SP425R petrol mower is an excellent machine that will keep your lawn and garden looking perfect all year long.
If you are looking for the top of the line petrol lawnmowers, then you need to look no further than the Hyundai collection. Looking to cut the grass with the best and most expensive? Then go with a mower fro Hyundai.
- Hyundai 173 cc motor
- 51 cm cutting width
- Electric starting mechanism
- 60 litre grass bag
- Adjustable blade height (seven settings from 25 mm to 85 mm.
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty
The Hyundai P5100SPE petrol mower is fitted with a reliable 173 cc Hyundai engine that will last you for a very long period of time. This mower can be started with a pull cord by also has a convenient and reliable electric starting mechanism if you would rather turn on your mower that way.
One of the best aspects of t his mower is that it has four different mowing settings including standard cut and collect, cut and drop, cut and side discharge, or cut and mulch. These options give you complete control over how your lawn is kept up.
The mowing deck is a huge 51 cm wide, so no matter how large your lawn is, this mower can definitely handle it. The blade height is also adjustable to seven different settings from 25 mm to 85 mm.
- The electric key start that is on the Hyundai P5100SPE is a rare feature that is not seen on many other petrol mowers.
- The mowing settings allows the operator to have full control of their mowing experience.
- The large 60 litre grass bag is more than spacious enough to collect all of your garden debris.
- Even though this mower is self propelled, customers have found that this is heavier than some of its competitors.
- This mower is much more expensive than its competitors and others that are included on this list.
If you have a large budget, then the Hyundai P5100SPE definitely is the best of the best petrol mowers with a roller to leave lawn stripes. Although this mower is expensive, it has all of the bells and whistles to keep you busy with your lawn and garden for years and years to come.
Best in Show: Webb WERR17P Supreme Rear-Roller Lawnmower
The reviews are in! Although the Hyundai P5100SPE is the most flashy mower on our list, it is not named our best mower. Instead, our vote for the best mower on the list is the Webb WERR17P. This mower is affordable and has all the features of a good petrol mower, including a decent motor, self propulsion, and a heavy roller to leave beautiful lawn stripes after the mowing is finished. So what are you waiting for? Buy one of these petrol lawnmowers with a roller and make your lawn the envy of all your neighbors.