The main reason to keep a dog besides the fact that they are adorable is to protect your home and family.
However, many people who own dogs don't realize that certain plants can be poisonous to dogs. There are many garden plants that are poisonous to dogs.
Some plants are edible for humans, but toxic to dogs, while some are poisonous to dogs because they are toxic to all animals.
While a dog's thick, fur-covered skin keeps most plant toxins from harming him, a few plants can cause a variety of health problems, some of which are potentially fatal.
It is true that a trip to the vet will clear up any confusion about what is and isn't poisonous to dogs, it is also true that most people don't have access to a vet at all times.
For the people who are curious about what plants are poisonous to dogs and want to learn more about their garden, here is a quick list of plants that will cause dogs a lot of pain if they eat them.
Even plants that are safe for humans may be dangerous to dogs or cats, depending on the species and other factors.
For instance, some plants are toxic to dogs but not cats, while others are toxic to cats but not dogs.
3. Bird of Paradise
9. Calla Lily
10. Morning Glory
14. Tomato plants
Keeping your dogs out of your garden is a huge problem for allot of people. They do not only ruin the flowers, but also eat them.
Your dog can make a beautiful addition to your garden or it can make an absolute mess of it.
If you let them do this, they will do it over and over again. And they might hurt as well cause of some plants that is bad for dogs.
The best way to get off this problem is to build a fence around your garden. It will keep the dogs out and you had not problems anymore.
Sometimes, this can be a problem, especially if you have a small garden and you are trying to keep dogs out, that are too curious to stay away.
As a general rule, if you own a small garden, it will be better to keep your dog inside the house if you do not want them to dig up your plants.
If you have a large garden and you can't keep your dog inside, you should try to keep your dog on a short leash, or train them to stay away from your plants.
Many dogs love to eat plants and flowers. While many of these plants have little or no effect on dogs, others are poisonous.
If you leave your dog outside or let him wander about the neighborhood, he could come across a toxic plant that could be dangerous to his health.
While the majority of these plants are found in the yard, some are common houseplants that can be eaten.
Symptoms of ingestion of these plants are very serious and life threatening if not treated quickly.
While there are thousands of different plants out there, only a few are toxic to dogs.
Knowing what plants are poisonous can help prevent poisoning that could lead to serious health problems.
If your dog consumes the leaves that's toxic to them they will start to vomit, diarrhea, drooling , nausea and weakness.
There are many plants that are poisonous to dogs. It is important to know what they are as they can pose a serious danger.
If your dog consumes the leaves, bark, roots, or seeds of any plant and becomes ill, contact your vet immediately.
You should take your dog to the vet. If you know what type of plant was ingested, make sure to tell your vet, but otherwise, you can assume that they will make your dog vomit.
This will cause them to feel nauseous and uncomfortable, but it will be ok. Make sure to tell your vet if your dog has gotten into the habit of eating things like stones and leaves.
There is a drug called activated charcoal that can be given to a dog after a plant has been ingested, and this can help reduce the amount of the plant that is absorbed into the bloodstream.
But, if your veterinarian is not available, contact your local animal emergency hospital, animal poison control center, or animal control agency for instructions about how to proceed.
Regular garden weeds are not bad for dogs. In fact, they can be good for them and for you. Dogs are used to eating plants and grass.
It's important to know which plants are poisonous for dogs, because that information can save his life.
Weeds are a gardener's worst enemy. Not only do they look unsightly, but many are also poisonous to both humans and animals.
While dogs are typically drawn to the smell of the flowers, they can also cause some serious side effects, including stomachache, sickness, diarrhea, and even vomiting.
Fortunately, there's an easy solution to this common problem. By simply adding a layer of mulch around the base of your plants, you'll not only make your garden look beautiful, but also help protect your dog from those harmful weeds.
Some plants that are safe for your dog to eat are kale, dandelion, and collard greens. Try to choose a leafy green that has the same color as his or her paws.
The most important thing is to make sure the dog is eating the leaves and not the plant stem.
If you plan on feeding your dog a plant from your garden, do not eat it yourself. To stay on the safe side, don't let your dog eat weeds that
Some weeds are good for dogs, but some can have serious consequences. One of the most common is the plantain weed.
The plantain weed is good for dogs because it has natural herbs, and is also used in the pharmaceutical industry.
If your dog eats too much of the weed it can cause illness. The plantain weed is can cause nausea, diarrhea, and may cause seizures.
If you think your dog has eaten the weed you should contact your veterinarian.
While most plants are harmless, some can cause a variety of symptoms in your dog, including increased thirst, vomiting, diarrhea, and increased heart rate.
Young dogs, smaller breeds, and those with liver or kidney disease are most at risk, but even healthy dogs can have serious reactions.
You should also be aware that many of the plants that are poisonous to dogs are not deadly.
In fact, some plants that are deadly to dogs will actually cause mild gastrointestinal upset in small amounts.
Therefore, it is important to also know how to treat your dogs for mild poisoning.
If your dog has consumed a poisonous plant, try to determine what type of plant he has eaten.
If your dog has eaten a poisonous plant, call your veterinarian or an animal poison control center at once. The sooner treatment is started, the better the chance of survival.
Dogs often get themselves into strange situations, one of which is when they eat a poisonous plant.
While the plant itself may not be fatal to humans, dogs are a different story. They have a much smaller stomach and can become very ill.
Some may even be so sick they have to be taken to an animal hospital.