- 1 Best Petrol Brush Cutter Reviews
- 1.1 Why choose a petrol brush cutter?
- 1.2 Einhell GC-BC 25 AS 27 cc Two Stroke Petrol Engine Brush Cutter
- 1.3 ParkerBrand 52cc Petrol Garden Brush Cutter Grass Trimmer
- 1.4 Makita EBH252U 24.5cc Brush Cutter
Best Petrol Brush Cutter Reviews
When you decide you need to purchase a brush cutter for your garden, there are many benefits to choosing one that is both cordless and petrol based.
Why choose a petrol brush cutter?
Petrol based cutters are renowned for being more powerful than those with batteries or cords. This means you can use them for a variety of cutting jobs without worrying if they will break.
From cutting thick grass to trimming back small branches or hedges rose bushes or ivy, they are equipped to handle jobs that would break most corded strimmer’s.
As petrol-based brush cutters are more powerful than corded or battery-based cutters, they allow you to complete your trimming in less time.
If you are a landscape gardener or are thinking of entering your manicured garden in to show, brush cutters are the best option available due to their efficiency, allowing quick trims and touch-ups with maximum power.
A great option for larger gardens, being cordless gives you all the freedom you need to cut in to difficult to reach areas, without a potentially heavy and dangerous cord to trip over or snag.
Being cordless also makes storage more convenient and ensures that the cutter will not break due to a wiring issue in the cord or fuse blowing. It also makes it easier to move between locations with ease.
Many people assume that a brush cutter and a strimmer are the same machines with a different name, this, however, is not true. Strimmer’s use only a head with a nylon cord, whereas brush cutters usually come with both a nylon cord head and a cutter blade.
If you have ever used a strimmer to cut dense vegetation, you are aware of the immense frustration of the nylon snapping and then the hassle of removing it and changing. Brush cutters allow you the flexibility to be able to change the cutting head based on the density of the weeds or grass you are trimming. It is, therefore, suitable for all trimming jobs.
But for all these advantages, a petrol brush cutter is far from ideal for everyone.
Petrol brush cutters are louder than corded or battery powered cutters. If you live in an isolated area, great, if not, you may end up annoying your neighbours after use.
They require all the maintenance of an electric cutter as well as ensuring the engine is running correctly and not leaking; you must be very familiar with brush cutters to keep one ticking over in prime condition.
They use petrol and are therefore damaging to the environment; not a great option if you are trying to go green.
All petrol cutters are heavier due to the weight on the engine and come with a safety harness to support you while you use it. Generally, they are not suitable for people with mobility issues.
To help you decide which trimmer is the best fit for your garden, we have reviewed three of the most popular brands available today.
Einhell GC-BC 25 AS 27 cc Two Stroke Petrol Engine Brush Cutter
This powerful petrol brush cutter comes with everything you need to neaten up your lawn.
Supplied with a two-string nylon head and three tooth cutting blade, you can breeze through even the densest foliage, with the benefit of complete control at your fingertips.
Designed with cow horn handles for extra comfort and mobility, this cutter also allows you to adjust its height, making it easier for you to have complete control and minimising strain.
- ‘Cow horn’ design for increased maneuverability
- Shoulder harness included to ensure perfect balance and reduce strain
- The shaft can be adjusted to your height
- Multifunction grip; controls at your fingertips
- Measuring jug allows accurate measurement of petrol and oil
- Very heavy-9.1 kgs
- Assembly can be time-consuming
- Beware of overheating in hot weather
- Strimmer line fiddly to adjust and fit correctly
ParkerBrand 52cc Petrol Garden Brush Cutter Grass Trimmer
Though this brush cutter has a low price for a petrol trimmer, don’t let that fool you; it is great value for money.
Easy to assemble and with online instructions, putting it together is a breeze and it is easy to dismantle for transporting.
It works well in all conditions and can even cut back thick brambles without issues.
Very powerful, reasonably light and an adjustable harness to support everybody, this brush cutter is a great piece of kit.
- Easy to put together and dismantle
- Extremely powerful at cutting thick branches
- Supportive harness
- Comes with lots of accessories and has an online video to help assembly and smooth operation
- Very easy to start and works well in dry and wet foliage
- Strong engine that is not problematic to maintain
- Relatively quiet compared to competitors
- High levels of vibration when using
- Strumming spool may be difficult to open
- Conflicting information on mixing fuel and oil; may lead to irreparable damage
- Guzzles petrol quickly
- Slightly heavy at 9kg
Makita EBH252U 24.5cc Brush Cutter
Designed to give you maximum comfort throughout usage, this lightweight cutter is easy to start up and allows you to breeze through thick weeds.
The rubberised grip allows you to handle it comfortably and gives you greater overall control, without straining your wrists.
Safety is considered with this trimmer too, as it also comes with a hand guard for use with both the blade and nylon, protecting you against injury from accidental dropping.
It also prevents strain from long term use, by including an adjustable harness to support your lower back, arms, shoulders, waist and distributes the weight evenly across your shoulder.
- Lightweight compared to competitors; under 6kg
- Harness provides increased comfort throughout usage by supporting shoulders, back, and waist
- Automatic engine decompression for easier starts
- Translucent fuel tank for easier refueling
- Ergonomic handle to provide maximum maneuverability
- Prone to excess vibrations during usage
- Strimmer head may become unstable after a few uses and need altering
- Spool head needs to be stronger to prevent breakage